Advertisements can be used to promote the organisation or our services. They should be effective, the copy kept short, with a clear message. If the advertisements are promoting an event or a particular programme or service they should reflect the visual style of other communications materials used.
When writing copy for advertisements remember to:
- Keep it clear, focusing on the main message(s) you want to express.
- Keep it simple and use short sentences.
- Focus on the facts and be informative.
- Be aware of the British Council’s diversity policy and try to use language that is inclusive of our audiences.
- Always display the appropriate URL within your contact details.
More detailed guidance on how to design recruitment advertisements will follow in the near future. In the meantime, please contact the Brand Team for advice.